What is covered and for how long?
BFGOODRICH brand tyres for Passenger Cars, SUV’S, Light Trucks and Motorsport when used for their intended application and in accordance with BFGOODRICH’s maintenance and safety recommendations are warranted against defects in design, manufacture and materials, subject to the conditions set out below.
5 YEARS WARRANTY
BFGoodrich® Tyres are warranted* against defect in material or workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, or until the wear of the minimum legal tread depth (according to country legislation), whichever occurs first.
*Terms and conditions apply. For details, please ask one of our authorised dealers in Africa, India and Middle East.
What is not covered?
Tyres which become unserviceable under the following circumstances are not covered by this warranty:
- Road hazard damage (e.g. a cut, snag, bruise, bulge, impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not); or
- Incorrect mounting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance or improper repair; or
- Mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment, resulting in uneven or rapid wear; or
- Tyres fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels; or
- Vehicles, which carry loads or are operated at speeds higher than the load and speed index marked on the tyre side walls or that recommended for the vehicles; or
- Under-inflation, over-inflation, improper maintenance or other abuse; or
- Tyres purchased second hand (proof of purchase needs to be supplied); or
- Tyres, which have not been fitted or used in accordance with the published recommendations of BFGOODRICH; or
- Accident, fire, chemical explosion, alterations done to the tyre or vandalism; or
- Climatic or ozone effects.
Conditions & Exclusions
Where the tyre becomes unserviceable due to a condition within the terms of this warranty, the dealer/consumer must notify BFGOODRICH of the claim. The consumer shall provide BFGOODRICH with any further information that may be required in order to validate the claim. Upon receipt of notice to such effect from the dealer/consumer, BFGOODRICH may, at its option (i) repair the tyre; or (ii) supply an equivalent as replacement; or (iii) reimburse the value of the tyre based on the remaining tread depth; or (iv) offer other forms of compensation according to its prevailing commercial policy. The period of warranty for any replaced or repaired tyre shall not exceed 6 months after expiry of the warranty period of the claim tyre.
This warranty does not provide compensation for any indirect damages including but not limited to service charges incurred, charges for mounting and balancing, loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage insofar as the law permits.
Tyres presented to an authorized BFGOODRICH Dealer for compensation remain the property of the consumer and BFGOODRICH accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to tyres which are in the custody or control of an authorized BFGOODRICH Dealer for the purposes of inspection. Tyres accepted by an authorized BFGOODRICH Dealer for compensation become the property of BFGOODRICH. In the event of a dispute, the consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
No authorized BFGOODRICH Dealer, representative or employee has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement that in any way varies the terms of this warranty. Any technical data, specifications and quality specifications generally furnished by BFGOODRICH from time to time in relation to its tyres shall not constitute a part of the warranty or assured characteristics of any tyres unless expressly confirmed in writing in relation to the particular tyres purchased by a consumer.
This warranty applies across AFRICA, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Namibia and Botswana.